Start a DIY laundry room makeover with these creative laundry room organization ideas!
RELATED: 11 Laundry Storage Ideas | DIY Projects
In this article:
- Laundry Room Ideas and Solutions
- DIY Laundry Pedestal
- Hanging Door Rack
- Rolling Laundry Basket Dresser
- Wall-Mounted Laundry Room Lint Bin
- DIY Ironing Board Hanger
- DIY Laundry Room Drying Rack
- Vintage Laundry Cart Liner
- DIY Slim Rolling Cart
- Mason Jar Laundry Container with DIY Chalkboard Tags
- Slanted Shelf
- Laundry Room Dollar Store Organization
- Ladder Laundry Hack
- DIY Floating Shelves
- Lost and Found Bucket
- IKEA Laundry Room Organization
- DIY Laundry Room Shelf
- Crib Spring Drying Rack
Clever Laundry Room Organization Hacks You’ll Dig
Laundry Room Ideas and Solutions
Whether you’re in need of a laundry room remodel on a budget or just looking for some laundry room storage solutions, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve rounded up some of the smartest laundry room organization ideas for a laundry area that is sure to be Pinterest-worthy!
1. DIY Laundry Pedestal
Loving this DIY laundry pedestal idea…perfect for a PureBond panel! pic.twitter.com/KAa60t75cu
— PureBond (@PureBond) December 5, 2016
If you want to save on drawers, try making this DIY project. Just a little woodworking and you can create some inexpensive storage.
2. Hanging Door Rack
Utilize all surfaces and spots in your laundry room. This useful hack uses the back of the door to hang a rack to organize laundry supplies.
3. Rolling Laundry Basket Dresser
Here’s an easy DIY project to keep everything organized in your laundry room. Your laundry baskets are neatly stacked up on casters for easy transport, too.
4. Wall-Mounted Laundry Room Lint Bin
Anyone who does the laundry knows that there will always be lint. Easily dispose of that with this cheap and easy project you can make in just ten minutes.
- 5-YEAR WARRANTY - We use the best materials and solid engineering so our products will last in tough environments like your home — for years.
- CODE J CUSTOM FIT LINERS – Enhance your trash experience with extra-strong and durable trash bags that fit this can perfectly for a cleaner trash experience.
- JUST WAVE YOUR HAND: Infrared fields sense the areas above and in front of the can so it opens effortlessly and automatically.
- LID OPENS SMOOTHLY: A planetary gear system transfers speed to torque for smooth, consistent lid operation.
- WHISPER-QUIET: At 52 db, our can is 50% quieter than the competition's.
5. DIY Ironing Board Hanger
Want to save space when storing your ironing board? Here’s an easy life hack you can make with two robe hooks.
Want some nice soap for your guest bathroom? Try out this #DIY felted soap: http://t.co/dGgFR4C2YG pic.twitter.com/47H6YmpaBX
— DIY Projects (@DIYProjectsCom) April 22, 2015
- Automatic height adjustment 30 to 38 inches
- Completely electrostatic stainless paint
- Monoblock steel top ironing surface (17 to 49 inches)
- Heat resistant teflon cover
- Special design to facilitate ironing
6. DIY Laundry Room Drying Rack
This would be a perfect laundry room organization idea for small spaces. Fold away the drying rack when you don’t need it and clear more space for you to move around easily.
7. Vintage Laundry Cart Liner
Have a touch of vintage in your laundry room with this easy sewing project. I know I want to make these.
Understanding clothes labels are very important.
8. DIY Slim Rolling Cart
Is there a space between your washer and dryer? You can now utilize that by making this slim rolling cart.
This laundry room organization idea is a great way to corral your laundry supplies.
RELATED: DIY Laundry Basket Ideas
- A 3-tier shelf can easily slide out of any narrow space in kitchen, laundry room or bathroom
- The perfect way to utilize tight spaces in your home for storage and organization
- Compact design fits great between washer and dryer
- Assembled Dimensions: 8.5 L x 26 W x 31 H inches
- Easy assembly, Philips head screwdriver required
9. Mason Jar Laundry Container with DIY Chalkboard Tags
Containers of laundry supplies can be such an eyesore. Here’s a quick fix to keep it stylish and organized at the same time.
10. Slanted Shelf
Wouldn’t it make life so much easier if you didn’t have to really reach for things when doing your laundry? This slanted shelf is such a great idea to get easy access.
11. Laundry Room Dollar Store Organization
If you have cabinets or shelves, then these dollar store plastic baskets can surely get your laundry room organized in no time. Just don’t forget the tags and labels.
12. Ladder Laundry Hack
This ladder will give your laundry room an option to air dry some wet clothes. What a great way to dry your clothes while keeping them out of the way!
- Double rod closet has 5 shelves to organize garments, shoes and accessories
- Deluxe storage rack has 2 garment rods; removable bottom rod for longer garments
- Durable steel frame with silver epoxy finish; heavy duty black plastic end connectors
- Assembled Dimensions: 19.25 x 45.25 x 68 inches
- Easy assembly, no tools required
13. DIY Floating Shelves
Do you realize how much space you’ll save by building your own shelves? Find out how to make these beautiful floating shelves with this tutorial.
14. Lost and Found Bucket
There’s a lot of things you can find in dirty clothes when doing the laundry. There’s money and other little trinkets your family may have forgotten in their pockets.
Easily keep them in these adorable buckets.
15. IKEA Laundry Room Organization
Use IKEA wire baskets and Pluggis to organize your laundry supplies. The wire basket allows you to utilize what little space you have to keep things tidy.
16. DIY Laundry Room Shelf
No shelf, no problem! Find out how you can build one with this tutorial. The shelf can hold two laundry baskets with the clothes you’re about to wash.
17. Crib Spring Drying Rack
In case you don’t have a ladder to use for hanging, why not try an old crib spring? Instead of making a new drying rack, this should save you some money, time, and effort
- Easily sort lights, darks, delicates or dry clean only in one efficient location
- Cotton covered foam top provides a convenient place to fold or press garments
- 3 removable sorter bags with breathable mesh sides
- Assembled Dimensions: 18.125 L x 32.5 W x 33.3375 H inches
- Easy assembly with no tools required.4 commercial grade swivel wheels included; 2 wheels lock for added stability.Heavy-duty metal frame with silver epoxy coating.For over 70 years, Whitmor has been bringing organization home. If you have questions or problems, please contact us for immediate assistance
Want to see how you can organize your laundry room? Check it out here from The Design Network:
With all the chores and everything going around the house, I must admit the laundry room is the part of the house I don’t pay much attention to. Why would you?
You just in go there to do the laundry, right? Wrong!
Every part of your home is important. Whether you have a big or small laundry room, you always have to make sure that everything is organized.
If you want some laundry room organization ideas, then these DIY organization ideas will help you out!
Did you enjoy our list of laundry room organization ideas? Let us know what your thoughts are in the comments section below!
- How To Make Homemade Laundry Detergent
- 13 Ingenious Kitchen Pantry Organization Projects You Should Try This Winter
- 21 Easy Home Improvement Projects: Small Budget, Big Impact Upgrades
For more tips and tools for the business of motherhood do check out The Mom Tini Lounge
Stay connected with us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram!
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published 0n April 2, 2017, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.
JUDY JAMESON says
THANK YOU FOR BEING SO NICE TO ME BLESS YOU
Nikki Comma says
Love these tips! I feel so inspired to organize everything now… if only I could find the time! Haha. Thanks for the list.