Ever wonder what to do with your fabric scraps? Here’s a list of DIY fabric crafts you can do to make them into something beautiful for your home or as gifts.
Handmade gifts are always special! Since I have a bin fabric scraps in all colors and sizes, it’s just about time to put them to good use. This list of DIY fabric crafts involves cute, easy, creative and fun ideas to do with fabric scraps!
22 DIY Fabric Crafts Perfect For Gifts For Friends
I have so much leftover fabric from the last DIY clothing project I made and I just can’t decide what to do with it. Well, honestly, I have so much scrap fabric than I want to admit. I am pretty determined to do DIY gifts this year. I know it’s already November and you might think of doing DIY gifts requires time, but hey…these 22 DIY fabric crafts are pretty easy to make and I believe you’ll love to try them. Have fun browsing my list!
In addition, if you’re looking to expand your reach – learn to sell these crafts and other homemade projects on Etsy!
- 1: Ver.3.2 from May/2015 - Waterproof printed with much greener. Beautiful forest canvas wall art printed and framed by SZ HD Painting. The artist-grade canvas has strong sense of texture and full of artistic touch, reflects your noble temperament and taste. This canvas picture dimensions: 32"x60" overall by 5 piece = 80x150cm overall by 5 panels.
- 2: Waterproof and Environmental Friendly: UV-resistant & ECO-ink print on canvas, easy to clean by damp rag and no smell of oil paintings, more safety and environmentally for kids. Modern giclee canvas prints artwork used for a variety of photographic and hand drawing pictures.
- 3: SZ Promises the Authentic One of 2017 New Version is 1 inches/2.5cm thickness, more than the others' 1.8cm. If not we will refund your money back. Premium Netherlands pine frame with durable shrink resistant, pretty high quality and strong sense of three dimensional. This is the perfect wall decor painting for your nice home living room, bedroom, kitchen, dining room, hallway, office, cave, hotel, restaurant, bedroom, guesthouse, KTV, Gym and so on, launch the elegant artistic atmosphere.
- 4: Easy for installation: Our canvas wall art comes already wraped with bracket mounted frame and ready to hang. All you need to do is find a nail and hang up this beautiful picture in your new home. The other prints in the market, you have to screw the accessaries by yourself, that's not so easy without professional tools.
- 5: 3 years workmanship, no worries with 365 days customer service: The canvas painting is packed in cartons and each panel equipped with plastic film package. Protected products can be better to avoid damage. This inspirational wall art is a great choice gift for your families, friends or your lover in birthday, wedding, anniversary, festival, Halloween, Christmas, etc.
You don’t need a lot of fabric to make your next pet project. This DIY fabric dog collar is the purrfect way to give your pet some major style on a small budget.
- DIY: Convenient 50-yard poly webbing roll for all kinds of DIY & outdoor purposes; Compatible with one-inch wide hardware in d-rings, buckles, etc.
- MULTI-USE: All-purpose light to medium duty use for collars & leashes, halters, belts, flag football, straps, hammocks, tents, bag handles, cargo fastens, straps for life jackets/sleeping bags/backpacks, diving gear, sports gear, and more
- ADVANTAGES: Polypro webbing is waterproof, non-stretchy and UV resistant and therefore useful for many outdoor applications
- SIZE: 50 yards x 1 inches; Webbing thickness 1.2mm (measured manually); Weight: One pound; Approximate breaking strength 500 pounds (varies due to application of product)
- COLOR CHOICE: Choose from various colors as shown
This DIY fabric necklace is on my priority list, it’s such a simple yet pretty craft! A perfect little handmade gift for your fashionista friend to add a touch of glam to her casual attire.
Ready for your next DIY decor? Grab some Styrofoam balls and scrap fabric for this craft project. The finished craft may look complicated, but don’t fret because the DIY fabric wrapped globes is very easy to make.
5. Boho Bracelets DIY
6. Fabric Woven Basket
There’s just something about a pink and green color combination that I can’t seem to get enough of! This fabric woven basket is a must-try for me to add interest to my boring wire basket. I’m only debating what to use it for once I’m done with it: a storage for kid’s toys, a laundry basket, or a surprise for mom? Hmmm?
- Double-woven strap tote comes with handles for easy transportation
- Durable powdercoated wire iron frame resists bending and breakage
- Fabric storage bin tote will not scuff or damage walls and floors
- Product dimensions - 15L x 13W x 10H
- Nesting woven task-it baskets are suitable for storing and organizing garments, towels, laundry, toys, and much more
7. DIY Fabric Marbling
Create cool patterns with this DIY fabric marbling technique. Just imagine how many DIY projects you can make using this style and how many friends you’ll make happy once you give them with a wonderful marbled fabric craft.
— DIY Projects (@DIY Projects) November 3, 2016
8. Fabric Covered Books
Make a keepsake book even more special and one-of-a-kind and cover it with your favorite fabric. The book you’ll give will be more appreciated if you cover it with a fabric best suits the person receiving the gift.
9. DIY Fabric Charging Station
For your next sewing project, you’ll have a safe place to store your phone while charging. Make one DIY fabric charging station for every member of your family. I’m sure they’ll appreciate the gesture.
10. Easy Fabric Flower
Make some lovely DIY fabric flowers. I’m sure you’ll find it useful for some easy DIY craft projects. Can you think of some now?
11. Fabric Covered Flower Pots
Planning on giving live plants this year? These covered flower pots surely add some sassy style to your gift. A simple project to make your gift more fantastic.
12. No-Sew Bow
Don’t you just love it when all you need is a glue gun? I’m pretty sure your tween will love this no-sew bow. It’s a simple craft you can do together.
13. DIY Vintage Scrappy Patchwork Fabric Coasters
Who ever said coasters have to match? They just have to follow a theme showing how much you truly know your recipient. These DIY vintage scrappy patchwork fabric coasters make a lovely surprise for a friend who likes a vintage style.
14. No-Sew Market Tote
Upcycle your old t-shirt and turn it into a colorful no-sew market tote bag you can bring to the market. It’s wonderful carry-all bag you can bring anywhere. Makes a beautiful gift to your market buddy!
15. DIY Fabric Accent Sneakers
16. DIY Headband
In need of a new headband? Well, this DIY Headband tutorial is your chance to make one for yourself–plus some extras, because they make great gifts.
17. Diaper and Wipes Case
Got a friend who’s expecting a baby? She will surely love this diaper and wipes case she can carry around. It has a very easy tutorial and I’m pretty sure this gift will be highly appreciated. Isn’t this one of the most adorable fabric crafts to make for someone with a baby?
18. Fabric Scrap Mousepad
You don’t need to be an expert to make this super easy fabric scrap mousepad. Make a few so every techie in the family gets their own!
19. Fabric Covered Switchplates
These fabric covered switchplates will transform a plain switchplate to an eye-catching piece of decor. It’s sure to raise some eyebrows–in a good way! So, raise brows and have the envy eyes of your recipient.
20. Fabric Scrap Memory Game
How about a craft that helps with your little one’s developmental skills? The young and young at heart will have lots of fun with this fabric scrap memory game. One of the best DIY fabric crafts for children!
21. Fabric Scrap Bookmarks
You’ve got some fabric covered books, so complete the with fabric scrap bookmarks. Nothing beats a complete gift! Simply one of the best DIY fabric crafts for readers.
22. Custom Camera Strap Cover
If like me, you love to make everything stylish on a budget, then you’ll love this custom camera strap cover. Don’t forget to make one for each season or as your heart desires.
Still want more? How about making a DIY fabric chandelier from 100 Layer Cake:
If you’re fond of sewing, I’m pretty sure you have plenty of fabric scraps. And now, no more worries of what to do with fabric scraps because your crafty side will certainly do its magic with the help of this list, of course!
Did you enjoy my list of DIY fabric crafts? Which one is favorite? I’m dying to know! Let me know in the comments section below what your thoughts are on these DIY fabric craft ideas.
Want a sewing project for beginners? Then, check out our post on 20 Simple Sewing Projects That Any Beginner Can Make.