- 24 DIY Gifts For Your Boyfriend | Christmas Gifts for Boyfriend
- 28 DIY Gifts For Your Girlfriend | Christmas Gifts for Girlfriend
- The Most Wonderful Decorations Of The Year!
- 22 Awesome DIY Gift Tags | Christmas Gift Tags
- 15 Favorite DIY Christmas Cookies | Best Christmas Cookie Recipes
- 20 Cute DIY Gifts for Kids to Make | Crafts for Kids
- 25 DIY Gifts You Can Make in Under an Hour
- 21 Fun Guacamole Recipes
- How to Make DIY Tassels
- Dollar Store Crafts | DIY Mirror Wall
Dollar Store Crafts | Letter Art with Thumb Tacks
We’ve been wanting to make our own letter art for a while now. We had a major a’ha moment while in the dollar store and realized we could easily make the letter art we want with some gold tacks and foam core! (Total project cost: $3!)
How to Make Letter Art Using Thumb Tacks:
- Foam core board
- Tacks – we chose gold
- xacto knife
- Spray adhesive
Now, grab your xacto knife and start cutting out the letters. Hint: Be sure to be patient during this step. Slowly cut layer by layer through the foam board. If you try to rush this part, you will end up with extremely messy edges.
Now it’s time to grab your tacks and start decorating your letters.
Once you’ve completed the outline, start to fill the rest in. Continue placing the tacks from the outside, inward.
We hope you enjoyed learning how to make your own letter art by using simple, cheap dollar store materials!
Get the latest news, reviews and features directly into your inbox.
Like DIY Ready on Facebook