- How To Make Moss Graffiti | Cool DIY Project
- 23 Homemade Valentine Gifts You Should Be Giving
- 20 Homemade Valentine Crafts For Kids To Make
- 25 Unique and Easy Valentines Day Cards You Should Make
- 30 DIY Projects Using Chalkboard Paint You Should Try
- DIY Baby Shower Ideas |Baby Shower Centerpiece
- How To Bake Cake in a Jar
- Cute and Easy Valentine Decorations
- DIY Horse Bookends | Cool Bookends
- DIY Macrame Necklace with Stone and Beads | DIY Jewelry
Dollar Store Crafts | Letter Art with Thumb Tacks
We’ve been wanting to make our own letter art for a while now. We had a major a’ha moment while in the dollar store and realized we could easily make the letter art we want with some gold tacks and foam core! (Total project cost: $3!)
How to Make Letter Art Using Thumb Tacks:
- Foam core board
- Tacks – we chose gold
- xacto knife
- Spray adhesive
Now, grab your xacto knife and start cutting out the letters. Hint: Be sure to be patient during this step. Slowly cut layer by layer through the foam board. If you try to rush this part, you will end up with extremely messy edges.
Now it’s time to grab your tacks and start decorating your letters.
Once you’ve completed the outline, start to fill the rest in. Continue placing the tacks from the outside, inward.
We hope you enjoyed learning how to make your own letter art by using simple, cheap dollar store materials!
Get the latest news, reviews and features directly into your inbox.
Like DIY Ready on Facebook