- 32 DIY Wind Chimes
- 24 DIY Wedding Favor Ideas
- Bathroom Decorating Ideas on a Budget
- 15 Awesome DIY Uses for Pill Bottles
- How to Make a Chocolate Bowl with a Balloon
- How to Make a DIY Cat Tent
- 21 DIY Outdoor Lantern Ideas
- DIY Picture Frame Craft Ideas with Mosaic Tiles
- 16 More DIY Chalk Paint Furniture Ideas
- How to Make DIY Water Blobs
Best Chalkboard Paint | Making Chalkboard Paint at Home
Chalkboard paint can turn any surface (and space) into a creative playground. It can be used to make fun party backdrops, a creative space on your child’s play-table or even a neat way to keep the family all up to date with a chalkboard wall in the kitchen. Besides saving money, one of the best benefits of mixing your own chalkboard paint is you can mix any color your heart desires. This tutorial shows you how to make the best chalkboard paint by mixing simple ingredients that you may already have lying around the house! We will be painting a flat board to use as a backdrop for family get togethers. When you are planning out your chalkboard project, don’t limit yourself to walls– table tops, flower pots and other kinds of furniture make great chalkboard paint canvases too!
How to make the best chalkboard paint at home:
Supplies You Need:
- Matte latex paint – color of your choosing
- Non-Sanded tile grout (powdered)
- Paint roller
- 150 Grit Sandpaper (this is for smoothing your surface if needed)
- Something to mix the pain with
- Mixing container
Enjoy your custom made chalkboard!
We hope you enjoyed our Chalkboard Paint How-To | Instructions!
Get the latest news, reviews and features directly into your inbox.
Like DIY Ready on Facebook