- How to Make a Chocolate Bowl with a Balloon
- How to Make a DIY Cat Tent
- 21 DIY Outdoor Lantern Ideas
- DIY Picture Frame Craft Ideas with Mosaic Tiles
- 16 More DIY Chalk Paint Furniture Ideas
- How to Make DIY Water Blobs
- DIY Wall Art You Can Make in Under an Hour
- Cool DIY Scrapbook Ideas You Have To Try
- DIY Dog Crafts Man’s Best Friend Will Love
- DIY Organization Ideas for Your Laundry Room
36 More Weekend Preparedness Projects
Looking for some cool DIY weekend projects for preparedness?
You loved our weekend preparedness projects for preppers so much the first time, we thought we’d give you even more!
Only this time, we’ve only included even better and more useful survival gear and projects for you preppers-in-training to work on.
With our friends over at Survival Life, we’ve created a list of the best disaster preparedness projects for you and your family to work on in your down time.
Missed the first one? Check out the first 36 Weekend Preparedness Projects List
Check out this list of the best weekend preparedness projects and be ready for anything!
36 More Favorite Weekend Preparedness Projects:
1. How To Make A Moonshine Still
A still comes in handy for lots of reasons. We’d hate to be without a way to purify water, so we made a DIY still along with a step-by-step tutorial that shows you how to make one of your own.All you need is a big pot, a drill, a bucket and a couple of inexpensive parts from your local hardware store.
Find our step-by-step instructions here!
[This information is provided for entertainment purposes only and should not be used for illegal activities]
2. Learn How To Build An Awesome Chicken Coop.
Want to live off the grid and learn homesteading? You are probably going to want some chickens, and those chickens will need somewhere to live. There are lots of different chicken coops you can buy or build, but we liked this one best. The water resistant roofing is our favorite part, plus it looks great! Guess what it is built from?
Learn how to build your own chicken coop! Instructions here.
3. Stock up with some homemade survival bars
With our first project list, we brought you fruit flavored survival bars, which we still love. We decided to add a new twist to the recipe by adding chocolate and also chia seeds, one of the most perfect survival foods around. These bars last (almost) forever and taste amazing.
Recipe and instructions for Chocolate Chia Survival Bars.
4. Create your own Giant Monkey Fist for self defense.
Yep. There’s a pool ball in there. Pretty cool little homemade weapon, we must say.
A paracord monkey fist is beneficial to carry on you for survival and self defense purposes. It’s super easy to conceal and carries enough power to slow down any attacker.
In this tutorial you’ll learn how to make a paracord monkey fist with a lanyard, with a pool ball inside. This giant monkey fist weighs in at a hefty 6 ounces!
5. Practice creating an Emergency Survival Shelter for ultimate emergency preparedness.
Learn how to build an emergency preparedness survival shelter that you can build with nothing more than what you can find in nature. This one uses leaves and branches, and has everything you need to protect yourself from the elements in case of emergency.
Learn this survival skill and never be without shelter!
6. Make your own Paracord Dog Collar.
There are so many fun paracord projects out there. Right now, our favorite one is this DIY paracord dog collar. It’s the ultimate dog collar made with about 40ft of 550 paracord. This paracord dog collar uses a double cobra braid and is your best bet if you are looking for a stylish collar that is also super strong and durable.
7. Make you own Paracord Keychain Survival Kit.
This little paracord project is one of our favorites- you can stash your emergency kit in the hidden compartment. You can keep money, matches, lockpicks, anything small you want to keep hidden but handy.
8. Hack your home defense with this Cell Phone Trip Wire Alarm System.
Ever wanted to know how to make your own DIY alarm system? Believe it or not, you can make your own wireless home security system for about $10 with a few simple hacks to a prepaid cellphone. This DIY hack allows you to create a tripwire that will alert to to any intruders by calling you cell phone.
9. Build your own Solar Cellphone Charger.
Worried about not having power to charge your phone? We prefer not to spend the money to pay for an expensive solar charger and love this DIY tutorial that shows you how to make a solar cell phone charger.
10. Build your own Quick Draw Sleeve Gun for concealed carry.
Check out this crazy cool homemade gun sleeve for the ultimate quick draw concealed carry experience. You may have seen the original off which it is based in the movie, Taxi Driver. Now, we show you how to make your own DIY version of this cool weapon accessory. Whether for fun or extreme tactical use, you’ll have a blast making this project.
11. Personalize your favorite gun with these Best AR15 Gun Hacks.
From hacking your handle to picking different pins, we have tips we bet you’ve never thought of. You can easily become a better shot and enjoy shooting your AR15 even more.
Using this list of tips, you’ll have your gun souped-up and tricked-out in no time.
12. Learn these easy and useful Paracord Knots and Hitches.
These knots and hitches will come in handy in a crunch! Practice these paracord knots this weekend!
13. Build a Remote Controlled Home Security Camera and a Remote Controlled Gun for home security.
First create the camera, then you can use that rig for your remote firing gun! Full videos and links to step-by-step instructions below.
Remote Controlled Home Security Camera
Remote Controlled Gun
14. Learn 16 New Cool Paracord Survival Bracelet Weaves.
With all the different types of paracord bracelets on this list, you’re sure to find one the meets your needs. We think you will find several paracord projects you love.
This goes way beyond personalizing your bracelet with colors.
We have 16 options not only look different, but serve different purposes. Check out these different paracord bracelet weaves and pick one that works best for you.
15. Create Hidden Gun Storage using a picture frame.
Keeping your guns out of the wrong hands is critically important, and having the ability to stash your guns in unconventional spaces could give you the tactical advantage you need in the event of a break in.
Safety and home defense aside, this DIY trick is just plain cool.
Impress your friends and fellow preppers with this awesome and functional hidden wall mount.
16. Keep bugs in check this summer with this Homemade Mosquito Trap
This cheap and easy DIY will have you mosquito-free in no time.
This is a great item to add to your preps as well as a great thing to have around for all sorts of outdoor activities like summer barbecues and camping trips.
Read on and learn how to make your own homemade mosquito trap with a soda bottle and some brown sugar and yeast.
17. Create the Ultimate First Aid Kit.
Use this list to double-check what you already have and add the things you may have forgotten about, then check out the wilderness survival first aid tips we’ve provided as a little refresher course on emergency medical care.
18. Stock up on these Survival Foods That Last Forever.
With proper storage, knock these items off of your survival food worries list and lighten your load. Full storage tips can be found in the infographic at the bottom of this post.
19. Make your own Trash Can Emergency Survival Kit List for mobile emergency preparedness.
Use our trash can emergency survival kit list and the tips along with it to strike the perfect balance between having all of your necessities and still staying portably prepared.
20. Start indoor gardening by building this Hanging Herb Garden.
Herbs can be used for medicinal purposes as well as for cooking, meaning they can help you stay healthy and fed in case of an emergency. Find the instructions here.
21. Disguise your stuff with these 4 Ways To Make Your Own DIY Camouflage.
Master these techniques and you’ll be able to camouflage just about anything your heart desires. Find 4 of our favorite do-it-yourself camouflage tutorials here.
22. Create your own Homemade Aluminum Can Burners.
These easy can burners or hobo stoves are a great thing to have around in an emergency. Find two methods for creating a cheap and easy alcohol fueled burner out of aluminum cans here.
23. Make your own DIY Flame Thrower.
With an air compressor, a diesel nozzle, a fuel tank, some hose, and some fittings, you’ll have a flame thrower capable of running off of tiki torch fuel.
24. Weatherproof Your Guns with these three easy tips.
With a few easy tips, you can fight back against weather damage and keep your guns in working order no matter where you go.
25. Build Your Emergency Food Supply.
From what to have to how to keep it, you need to be in know when it comes to effectively preparing a food supply.
26. Trick out your survival weapons this Paracord Knife Grip.
Looking for cool new paracord projects to try out for your gear? Paracord can be used in really cool ways to update and enhance your survival gear and weapons.
Tired of boring old knife grips? Give your blades and gear handles a makeover with this cool 550 paracord project. All you’ll need is some paracord and a half hour. No experience necessary – this tutorial is perfect for beginners!
28. Create a hidden drawer with this Secret Log storage project.
No matter what you need to hide outside, you can use this handy little hidden storage drawer for ultimate stealth. Instructions here.
29. Create rugged Tin Stacking Containers out of tuna cans.
Check out this video tutorial for cheap and efficient storage. Instructions here.
30. Build this cheap and easy Cob Oven for emergency food prep.
Whether you’re cooking in the back yard for fun or survival, this easy oven will have you set up in no time. Instructions here.
31. Create your own thermal DIY Solar Panel for free energy.
Create this thermal panel for free energy and self sufficiency when living off the grid. Instructions here.
32. Create an easy Button Lamp in case of power outages.
This improvised lamp burns long a bright for emergency situations. Instructions here.
33. Create quick and cheap Newspaper Logs to fuel your fire.
34. Turn your truck into a mobile generator with this DIY.
Never be without electricity when you hack your truck to power your stuff! Instructions here.
35. Check your vehicles for these Essential Items You Should Keep In Your Car.
Make sure you’re covered no matter where the road takes you!
36. Build an Outdoor Fire Pit with these easy instructions.
Want to know how to make a fire pit?Fire pits can be a fun and convenient way to cook outdoors, or just a great place to hang out.
We have instructions, photos, videos, and pictures of our outdoor fire pit ideas. Use this quick, cheap, and easy method for creating your own fire pit.
Have a really cool project idea that should have been on this list? We want to hear your best preparedness project ideas! Share them with us in the comments below.
Get the latest news, reviews and features directly into your inbox.
Like DIY Ready on Facebook